Job Summary: The administrative assistant provides billing, receptionist, clerical support and general assistance to the coordinator and staff of the wellness center. She/he is the first contact for many people utilizing the center and performs as the receptionist as well as being responsible for scheduling appointments, entering registration, billing, and report data and running required state reports. She/he must have computer competency in the programs required for the above. She/he must be able to work as a team member in wellness center activities and is responsible for maintaining all reports, medical and office records.
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency in Word and Excel
• Demonstrates ability to learn and become proficient utilizing hospital billing and data collection programs.
• Demonstrates ability schedule patients appropriately
• Enters patient data into computer and files charts with 48 hours of patient visit.
• Completes state reports accurately and within the time frame dictated by the state.
• Interacts with patients and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
• Arranges for maintenance of office equipment as needed.
• Makes timely and appropriate decisions and acts through empowerment to handle situations to resolution and /or to refer to appropriate person(s) when necessary.
• Regularly channels questions, comments, and suggestions to appropriate person in a constructive manner.
• Assesses for and appropriately intervenes in situations where a student (or other person in the school setting) poses a threat to themselves or others.
• Successfully communicates with patients, families, physicians and/or staff to achieve desired outcomes. Follows up on problems until resolution is reached or problem referred.
• Maintains full compliance with policy and procedures as outline by TidalHealth
Services, Delmar and Laurel Middle/Senior High Schools, Seaford High School, and School Based Wellness Center Policy
• At least 1 year of experience as medical office receptionist/manager or administrative assistant; healthcare experience preferred.
• Must be proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, proficiency in EPIC or other electronic medical record system highly preferred.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Monday - Friday - Limited Summer Hours