Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by Central Service. Must be conscientious with regard to procedures and capable of accepting pressure assignments, clerical assignments and all duties relative to the department. Willingness to accept new ideas and to learn all duties of the position.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, utensils, linen and supplies using appropriate type of autoclave. Loads autoclaves in the prescribed manner and sets controls to specific time and temperature according to materials and requirements of items being sterilized.
- Demonstrates competency in Fire/Disaster Training, Biohazard/OSHA Training, and additional required learning training throughout the year.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Accepts responsibility for fulfilling conditions of employment; mandatory in-service education, competency testing, etc.
- Assembles all instrument procedure trays, packs and kits accordingly to the prescribed manner using content list as a guide. Wrap packages and handles all items following procedure. Marks items with identifying data and distributes or stores in designated area. Notifies the appropriate persons when unable to replace parts or when equipment is not working properly in the work area.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, and supplies using various types of autoclaves (Prevac, Sterrad 100, Sterrad NX). Loads autoclaves with the prescribed manner and verify that controls are set to specific time and temperature according to materials and requirements of items being sterilized. Utilizes the appropriate chemical and biological monitoring for each load. Read and initial printouts to verify that all requirements have been met.
- Disassemble (when appropriate) and clean procedure trays, sets, supplies, and instruments using the appropriate detergent or enzymatic cleaner following established procedures.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete trays. Reassembles equipment and operate to test for procedure function.
One year previous experience in Central Service or Operating Room in Hospital setting or knowledgeable of Hospital Procedures and Regulations regarding Sterilization and Aseptic techniques.
One year experience in an acute care setting.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Other experience and education may be considered.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Part Time - 60%