Under the specific direction of the Nurse, the Sec-Tech performs a variety of functions that support patient care within the unit. The sec-tech assists with general patient care, data collection, documentation, application of monitoring devices, communicates patient data to nurse, stocks necessary equipment and supplies in patient rooms. Additionally, the sec-tech will assist in the patient documentation preparation for admissions, discharges and transfers. The employee will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of his/her field and is responsible for providing quality service to patients and families.
- Provides quality patient care with respect and dignity for all patients.
- Performs or assists patient with activities of daily living, measurement of accurate intake and output, and vital signs. Takes accountability for patient environment. Documents and reports significant/abnormal findings to licensed staff in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates responsibility for preparing patient documentation for admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Consistently demonstrates customer service driven phone etiquette.
- Demonstrates understanding of management of patient safety including the potential for injury and safety precautions. Adheres to infection control standards at all times.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with patients, families, providers and staff to achieve desired outcomes in person and via written/telephone communications.
- Fulfills all conditions of employment, mandatory in service and competency training, as well as participation in unit specific initiatives.
- Previous CNA/EMT Experience Preferred
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- High School graduate or equivalent required. CNA certification preferred with previous experience as a nursing assistant, home health aide.
- EMT or other healthcare related education considered
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Medical Surgical Unit