As a member of an interdisciplinary team of professionals, the counselor will work with a pre-adolescent/adolescent population providing behavioral risk assessments, individual/group counseling, crisis intervention, and referral to community resources. They will also provide/participate in educational programs directed at promoting risk reduction and healthy life choices as well as participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and appropriate school committees.
• Utilizing the RAAPS format (or other assigned tool) assesses behavioral risk factors and assesses associated needs of students utilizing in the wellness center.
• Provides individual and group counseling. Makes student referrals for outside/community counseling when appropriate.
• Is knowledgeable of Delaware code specific to child abuse, sexual abuse, domestic violence, rape and areas specific to counseling of adolescents. Acts as a resource for other wellness center staff in this area
• Provides crisis intervention/counseling when needed. Arranges for additional services as appropriate and in accordance with applicable Delaware Code(s). Works collaboratively with other health care providers, the school and community as appropriate in addressing the crisis, again, in accordance with applicable Delaware code(s) making outside community and legal referrals as appropriate and required by law.
- Experience: Minimum of 1-year clinical counseling, preferably including adolescent experience.
- Licensure: Licensed or eligible for Delaware Licensure as a clinical social worker (LCSW) or a professional counselor of mental health (LPCMH)
- Master’s degree in social work or clinical counseling
200 N 8th Street,Delmar, DE
Wellness - Delmar
Part Time - 50%
Monday - Friday