Under the general guidance of the radiologists and Radiology Director, provides quality diagnostic imaging services with a patient focused approach. The technologist will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of his/her field(s) performing at a level of competence that allows independent thought and action. Applies critical thinking to managing patients, assuring appropriate care based on patient needs using age specific assessment, communications, and knowledge of physical and mental capabilities.
- Upholds the organizations’ Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance. Maintains an ongoing awareness of the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Consistently produces images of optimal diagnostic quality through proper exposure factors, patient positioning, radiation protection, image identification, and proper PACS processing. Routinely utilizes radiation protection practices for self and patient. Practices Image Wisely.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of human structure and function, patient care, positioning, principles of image production, and cross sectional anatomy in each area of expertise.
- Provides appropriate exam by evaluating requisition for exam ordered, diagnosis, and other special notes. Assures proper physician is on request and appropriate charges are recorded. Provides interpreter with information pertinent to the exam.
- Proficient in the use of all equipment in assigned area. Evaluates equipment for malfunctions and takes appropriate action to resolve. Notifies necessary hospital personnel to report down equipment situations and required actions/timelines.
- Handles interventional studies and IV starts following aseptic practices and OSHA standards. Is adept at performing venipuncture. Identifies patients with latex allergies.
- Actively works to modify schedule to meet the needs of the physician/patient. Maintains schedule backlog to not exceed maximum level.
- Evaluates job procedures for development of improved methods of operation. Assists in the implementation of the improvements.
- Makes timely appropriate decisions and acts through empowerment to handle situations to resolution and/or refer to appropriate person(s) when necessary.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Knows and adheres to policies and procedures, performing in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Consistently provides appropriate general leadership and responsibility for area. Acts as coordinator of delegated projects within the division. Self-motivated in performing procedures and managing area.
- Regularly consults with others to learn new techniques and procedures. Promotes the development of other staff and students in areas of expertise. Regularly channels questions, comments, and suggestions to appropriate person in a constructive manner.
- Promotes team spirit and cooperation, demonstrating acceptable peer rapport and self-control. Works well independently and as a team member. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards the work environment.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes, flexible in work habits, scheduled hours to meet the needs of the team and patients.
- Demonstrates competency in Fire/Disaster Training, Biohazard/OSHA Training, and additional required learning training throughout the year.
- Facilitates environmental and safe practices that are consistent with regulatory requirements and organizational policies, for the protection of patients, staff and visitors.
- Disposes of confidential trash in proper receptacle.
- Interacts with patients and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Always makes favorable first impression by being professional and respectful (smile, introduction of self, uses patient’s full name/title, etc.)
- Successfully communicates with directors, patients, families, physicians, and/or staff to achieve desired outcomes both in person and via written/telephone communications. Follows up on problems until resolution reached or problem referred. Gathers data regarding grievances for administrative directors’ follow up.
- Accepts responsibility for fulfilling conditions of employment; mandatory inservice education, competency testing, etc.
- Actively participates in Joint Commission preparation and maintenance of standards and other regulatory/accrediting requirements. Always investigates and reports significant/risk management Joint Commission/OSHA situations.
- Seeks opportunity for professional growth, such as, workshops, seminars, certification, etc., both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates commitment to the NHS organization and mission through active participation in specific projects, process groups, committees, and staff meetings.
- Has established a pattern of attendance that is in compliance with the Nanticoke Health Services attendance policy.
- Functions as a steadily productive team member, seeking additional assignments; minimizes patient waiting times. Willingly assists others. Is not wasteful of supplies or time. Consistently arrives to work at assigned time and adheres to the time frame for lunch and breaks.
- Responsible for the completion of all responsibilities during a shift without compromising quality. Seeks and uses support personnel effectively as conditions demand. Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize and deal with priorities promptly.
- Handles personal and professional problems appropriately to avoid interference with job performance.
- Understands clinical competency system and provides student supervision for the DTCC Radiology program students. Supports the DTCC educational process and participates in the student education while in clinic at Nanticoke.
- RT/ CT Technologist performing a wide variety of procedures.
- Registered in Diagnostic Radiology and CT and licensed in Delaware. CT registry needs to be obtained within 6 months if hired without it.
- CPR certified
- Flexible, willing to work in various specialties and clerical areas.
- Willing to perform non-traditional functions, remaining within general scope of practice.
- Evidence of : a) Effective Communications b) Self-Motivation; c) Problem Solving Skills; d) Accountability; e) Flexibility
- Graduate of an approved school - JRCERT approved.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Full Time: On-call Required