Responsible for patient meal service food on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs, in-between meal food delivery. Communicates and addresses patient food issues/concerns and needs to Food & Nutrition Services. Interacts with Nursing in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements as well as unit food service needs. Assists Dietitian with monitoring duration of diet orders (i.e., NPO, and clear liquid diets). Records food intake for patients on nutrient intake analysis (calorie counts). Reacts accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services, accuracy of physician's ordered modified diets. Must know and understand dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Responsible for quality service reflected in internal or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
- High School Graduate preferred.
- Demonstrated hospitality skills required.
- Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required.
- Be able to interact with patients and staff congenially.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (additional languages are positive attributes), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational tasks.
- Keyboard/computer ability required.
- Experience in health care environment desirable, but not required.
- Two years food service with customer service experience required.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Food & Nutrition Service
Standby(Work as needed)
Monday - Friday, Every other Weekend