Delivers front line customer service in the Release of Information area. Processes requests for health information received from physicians, physician offices, patients, other health care organizations, and outside agencies. Understands and complies with HIPAA requirements necessary to fulfill requests. Responsible for ensuring delivery of reports to the patient care floors, and physician offices.
Responsible for retrieval and filing of medical records from on and off-site storage areas. Responsible for the prepping and scanning of Medical Records.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the TidalHealth Standards of Performance.
- Ensures all requests for records or reports are processed, authorizations completed, and records/reports delivered/faxed in a timely manner.
- Ensures all discharged medical records and loose reports are prepped for scanning on a daily basis.
- Scans Echocardiogram and TPN Reports into Cerner when working in the evening on weekends and holidays.
- Ensures all assigned pull lists have been completed within required timeframe
- Reviews all Loose Reports in Cerner to identify Patient Type and location.
- Ensures Purging Process in all storage locations is followed appropriately.
- Retrieves discharged records from Patient Care Areas and completes the Discharge Record Check-Off List.
- Completes Processing and delivery/faxing of Printed Batch Reports, and maintains the Radiology Mail-out Log several times a day.
- Participates in completing Medical Record Audits to ensure compliance with Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Joint Commission and CMS
- Performs other medical record departmental duties if the volume of work is low.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Knows and adheres to policies and procedures, performing in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Interacts with staff and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by
performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year + experience in HIM (Medical Records) or Medical Office setting. Acute care experience preferred but will consider Medical Office experience.
- Basic Computer Skills, Ability to communicate well in written and verbal form. Ability to stay focused, despite frequent interruptions. Ability to maintain a physically active position standing or lifting for an extended period of time.
- High school graduate.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Monday - Friday