To perform a variety of housekeeping functions throughout all areas of the Hospital, to ensure a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Clean assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment, mopping floors, using special cleaning solutions and disinfectants, to prevent cross-infections. Uses damp germicidal cloths for moist cleaning, uses vacuum to clean drapes, carpets in offices or corridors.
Clean with germicidal: window sills, trash baskets, sinks, mirrors, water fountains, picture frames, window and door frames, and other high places, using ladders, when necessary.
- Maintain neat and clean housekeeping cart, equipment, storage rooms, and supplies.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Assemble needed materials and supplies from the housekeeping storage room and places on work carts.
- Demonstrate required job knowledge and skills as indicated in job description. Quality and quantity of work performed contributes to overall departmental goals
- Interacts with patients and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Complete deep cleaning when assigned by housekeeping supervisor or housekeeping team lead.
- Respect all hospital equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage.
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the housekeeping supervisor or housekeeping team lead immediately.
- Remains effective and displays self-confidence in dealing with challenges. Embraces change and seeks opportunities to improve processes, tasks, etc.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation, demonstrating acceptable support and self-control. Works well independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to the NHS organization and mission through active participation in specific projects, process groups, committees, and staff meetings.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Consistently on time; adheres to break schedule; utilizes work time to the fullest. Has established a pattern of attendance that is in compliance with the Nanticoke Health Services attendance policy.
- Employee models behaviors that are aligned with organizational goals, mission, vision and values. Seeks continuous improvement in work performance.
- Prior housekeeping experience in hotel or a Health Care facility is desirable.
- Must be able to read and write, have good communication skills, and have good vision and hearing.
- Must be able to stand/walk for at least 8 hours.
- Constant and repetitive movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel on a continual basis.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Possess good vision and hearing.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE