Primary function is to provide assistance to physicians and mid-level providers (PA/NP) in examining and treating patients. Performs other clinical, laboratory, administrative and clerical tasks to facilitate office functions.
Manages and responds to phone calls or walk-ins from patients or medical community.
Supports office providers by:
- Collecting information regarding patient’s symptoms, existing health problems, and any relevant history of medical issues.
- Review all labs and diagnostic testing and confers with Provider and acts on results based on protocol.
- Assist with determining appointment type and timing of visit
- Schedules diagnostics procedures and educates patient on testing and prep requirements
- Graduate of an approved practical nursing program.
- Licensed and current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Maryland and/or Delaware.
- BLS certification through American Heart Association.
- One to three years experience in a medical office setting.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Monday - Friday