- Performs quality diagnostic laboratory procedures with a patient focused approach
- Technologist will be a generalist and will be competent to work independently in each area of the laboratory. They will be responsible for the workflow in their work area along with operation, maintenance, and quality control procedures under the guidance of Senior Technologists and Supervisors. Position will have to assist phlebotomy team when applicable.
- Upholds the organizations’ mission, values, and goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Consistently applies critical thinking skills in performing laboratory testing and in releasing results in all clinical areas of the laboratory, assuring the quality and accuracy of each result released.
- Consistently recognizes critical values and STAT’s, assuring that they are released and called to the appropriate caregiver in a timely manner.
- Performs quality control and maintenance on equipment in designated areas and takes appropriate actions to correct problems. Consistently and timely reports quality control or instrument problems to a senior tech and/or supervisor.
- Functions as a steadily productive team member, accepts constructive criticism and seeks additional assignments when time warrants. Assists others and completes all responsibilities within their shift.
- Adheres to all laboratory policies and procedures and performs in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Promotes teamwork and demonstrates acceptable peer rapport and self-control.
- Self-motivated and works well independently and together as a team member
- Accepts responsibility for fulfilling conditions of employment, mandatory inservice education, competency testing, staff meetings, etc.
- Establishes a pattern of attendance that is in compliance with the Nanticoke Health Services attendance policy.
- Handles personal and professional problems appropriately to avoid interference with job performance. Accepts constructive criticism and adjusts behavior appropriately.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in venipuncture preferred
- 1-2 years related work experience preferred
- Graduate of an associate’s degree program as a medical laboratory scientist. Registered or registry eligible as a MLS through ASCP.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Various Shifts (weekends, evenings, and holidays)