Monitor cardiac rhythms of all telemetry patients in the hospital. He/she will provide rhythm interpretation and trouble-shooting equipment failure or malfunctions. They will perform under the specific direction of the Charge Nurse/Director. The monitor technician may perform clerical duties as assigned by Charge Nurse/Director. The employee will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of his/her field and is responsible for providing quality service to patients and families.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance. (3-2013).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of his/her key responsibilities. Is technically adept at all facets of his/her work. Keeps abreast of trends and changes to improve quality and safety in the care of the patient.
- Performs live interpretation of cardiac rhythms and documents and distributes to assigned nurse designated units as per policy.
- Provides constant monitoring at a central monitoring station. Does not leave station unattended.
- Documents important finding and communicates to assigned nurses.
- Provides unit support by answering phones and greeting visitors, however not taking away from monitoring duties
- Nights, Weekends, Holidays required
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Completion of Dysrhythmia Course preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Previous experience in acute care setting with telemetry exposure, or enrollment in nursing school preferred.
- CPR required.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Clinical Decisions Unit