Peninsula Regional Medical Center is seeking a Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join the Outpatient Behavioral Health team. This candidate will be accountable and responsible for the following functions as an independent licensed practitioner: the assessment, diagnoses, treatment and evaluation of the patient with behavioral health symptomology as well as initiating the prescribing and medication management of patients. The NP will provide care to the child, adolescent and adult populations for general behavioral health concerns in an outpatient setting. The NP will act as an integral member of the overall team of medical and behavioral health professionals while adhering to the policies and procedures of the Peninsula Regional Health System. The NP will set an example of compassionate care while implementing a wide range of programs utilizing various modalities that could include providing tele-health services in conjunction with primary care offices and/or the emergency department as well as providing services at off-site behavioral health clinics. The NP will be responsible for educational and administrative services as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties shall include:
Outpatient Behavioral Health Unit(s):
- Supporting unit for a wide range of patient behavioral health needs and concerns;
- Performing initial clinical behavioral health evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and follow-up patient care.
- Formulating initial behavioral health treatment plans.
- Coordinating care with medical physicians as needed.
- Assisting with medication management of patients
- Assisting therapists in the performing of clinical evaluations of challenging and/or complex cases.
- Assisting in the evolving of patient treatment plans with overall team of professionals.
- Coordinating medical care for behavioral health patients requiring primary care follow up or specialty/medical consultation.
- Providing consultations to primary care providers and/or behavioral health therapists using tele-health technology.
- Providing direct patient care to include new patient appointments and ongoing medication management appointments using telehealth technology.
- Providing medication management services to McCready Behavioral Health Clinic.
- Serving on medical staff committees, or on special medical center projects or initiatives as directed by management.
- Attending the monthly department of psychiatry meeting
- Working collaboratively in a respectful fashion with psychiatrists, therapists, front desk and administrative staff, nurses, social workers, mid-level providers and other physicians.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Behavioral Health Services
Monday - Friday occasional weekends/nights