Peninsula Regional Medical Center is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join the Inpatient Behavioral Health team. This candidate will provide continuity of care to patients in the psychiatric inpatient acute care unit and the partial hospitalization program as well as assisting with patients in the emergency room and on the medical floors. The psychiatric nurse practitioner will be part of multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrists, RN’s, psychotherapists, social workers, expressive therapists and a psychiatric pharmacist.
- Assumes primary patient care responsibility for patients in collaboration with the attending psychiatrists.
- Completes the initial psychiatric evaluation including psychiatric history and physical.
- Identifies and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the design of patient treatment plans.
- Communicates patient status information, attends daily treatment team, rounds on patients, and documents in the medical record.
- Prescribes and manages patient’s psychiatric medications, usage and results.
- Educates patients about treatment plans and medications and other patient care activities as directed by medical director.
- Evaluates the patient with regard to discharge status.
- Responsible for an inpatient case load within the adult inpatient unit – as well as patients that are in need of services in the emergency room and medical floors.
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; psychiatric, medical, cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
- Participates in performance improvement activities within the service line.
- Responsible for participating in family meetings.
- Provides psychiatric consults on medical floors and in the emergency department.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Behavioral Health Services