- Under the general guidance of the pathologist, laboratory director and supervisors, perform a variety of functions that support phlebotomy, such as accessioning, centrifuging, tracking timed exams and specimen collection.
- Interacts with patients in a patient focused manner.
- The phlebotomist will perform at a level of competence that allows independent thought and action.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Consistently identifies the patient appropriately using the patient name and date of birth. Collects, labels, and handles specimens appropriately. Assuring the accuracy of test results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with patients, staff, providers, departments, facilities, agencies, and community resources.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrates various venipuncture techniques, including finger sticks, heel sticks, and capillary collection, butterfly and straight needle collections, on all groups.
- Performs order entry accurately
- Audits requisitions, making appropriate changes, if necessary.
- Performs clerical duties accurately and timely.
- Responsible for answering phones and basic questions involving laboratory.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of his/her key responsibilities. Is technically adept at all facets of his/her work.
- Follows policies for collection of timed and STAT draws.
- Completes all work within a given shift
- Adheres to all policies and procedures
- Promotes teamwork and maintains a positive attitude at all times
- Accepts responsibility for fulfilling conditions of employment, mandatory education, competencies, etc.
- Accepts constructive criticism
- 1-2 years phlebotomy experience preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Other experience and education may be considered.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE