- The Psychiatric Technician, under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, performs selected patient care activities and participates in the multidisciplinary team. Works without direct supervision on specific areas of responsibility, including one-to-one interactions with patients, reports, and documentation of patient observations and behavior.
- Refer to the policy: Mandatory Education Classes/Hours for all Patient Care area positions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to read and communicate in the English language.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality.
- Must be self-directed and flexible.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Behavioral Sciences field (e.g. psychology, social work), or two or more years experiences in mental health field may be substituted for Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Sciences.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Required License and/or Certification
- Current CNA or other DHMH licensure required.
- American Heart Association CPR certification required.
- One (1) year of behavioral health experience in any setting preferred
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Behavioral Health Services
12 hr shifts; rotating weekends