• Applies critical thinking to patient care management, assuring appropriate care based on patient needs and physical and mental capabilities. Develops care plans to facilitate optimal quality care and appropriate patient outcomes.
• Provides safe treatment and care for patients receiving infusion/transfusion/injection therapy/treatment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and competence in proper access and handling of ports, PICC lines, and other venous access devices for both infusion/transfusion and specimen collection.
• Incorporates practice guidelines of nationally recognized organization to develop outcome focused plans of care and standardized care protocols.
• Coordinates the patients medically planned activities provided by the physician to include testing and chemo/infusion therapy.
• Assesses and documents patient information. Works with the physician to meet desired outcome for the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduate o approved school of nursing. Current licensure to practice in Delaware as a Registered Nurse.
Current CPR Certification
Chemotherapy/Immuniotherapy Certification preferred
701 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Allen Cancer Center