The Registered Nurse works as a team member under the general direction of the Charge Nurse/Manager/Director, performing a variety of nursing procedures with a patient focused approach. While functioning within the guidelines of the Delaware State Nurse Practice Act, the nurse will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of his/her field, performing at a level of competence that allows independent thought and action. Applies critical thinking to patient care management, assuring appropriate care based on patient needs, using age specific assessment, communications, and knowledge of physical and mental capabilities. Evenings ,weekends, holidays and on call required.
- Provide basic and comprehensive patient focused Care, working collaboratively with patients, families, providers and healthcare peers to ensure safe and quality care. This includes the display of flexibility in the approach to meeting other’s needs, both patients and your peers.
- Safe delivery of medications and coordination of all treatments
- Patient Education regarding all facets of care, including transition to next level of care.
- Assist, direct and supervise assistive personnel. This includes contributing to a positive team environment and participating in conflict resolution
- Set an example for other peers by fulfilling all conditions of employment in a timely manner, participating in growth activities both personally and corporately.
- Accept the role of change agent in your area, and throughout our facility
- Acute care experience
- Preferred PCU/ICU experience
- Current BLS ACLS/PALS
- Other certifications specific to work areas
- Graduate of a two, three or four year Registered Nursing Program
- Licensed RN in DE or compact state, or eligible for licensure
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE
Post-anesthesia Care Unit