Job Summary: This position will be working in all areas of the registration department. Under the management of the Director of Registration and Switchboard, responsible for the collection of complete and accurate registration data. Extends friendly and professional customer service to verify demographic and insurance information and accurate visit information pertaining to the visit. Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of accounts receivable process to include; eligibility verification, online access to insurance participation with NMH. Capably answer patient questions about billing or obtaining resources to assist patient with questions. Applies critical thinking skills to manage tasks and responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to positively interact with a wide variety of customers, including physicians and their office staff, patients, and visitors. Ability to prioritize work-loads and works independently to achieve goals. Must have strong keyboard, and computer knowledge. The position will cross training within all areas of the department to include, switchboard This position will be expected to work weekends, rotating shifts, and holidays.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance
- Extends friendly and professional customer service during patient interview. excellent customer service and communication skills. Promotes team spirit and cooperation, demonstrating acceptable peer rapport and self-control. Works independently and as a team member, demonstrates ability to adjust to change to meet the needs of the team.
- Responsible for the collection of complete and accurate registration data. Capably answer patient questions about billing or obtaining resources to assist patient with questions.
- Ability to explain consent for treatment and consent for financial responsibility, with the knowledge of who can legally sign consent. Ability to explain all Medicare regulatory forms to patient/representative.
- Works all account errors in a timely manner to include the claims system, and registration tickler process and any daily reports.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounts receivable process to include; insurance authorization process, medical necessity software program, eligibility verification, online access to insurance participation with NMH, ICD-10 coding of diagnosis on Outpatient registrations
- Operates hospital Switchboard, voice paging system, hospital beeper system and Medical Staff beepers according to hospital and Medical Staff policies and procedures. Extends friendly and professional customer service with customers, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Responds immediately to all emergency codes as defined by hospital and Medical Staff policies and procedures.
- Prepares daily on-call schedules for hospital personnel and Medical Staff coverage from multiple hospital areas as well as physician offices.
- Applies critical thinking skills to manage tasks and responsibilities. Ability to prioritize workloads and works independently to achieve goals.
- Actively participates in staff and departmental meetings.
- Scanning of documents into EMR
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Knows and adheres to policies and procedures, performing in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- All other duties assigned by Director of Registration and Switchboard
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong keyboard and data entry experience required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Flexible, willing to work within any area in the department
- Willing to perform non-traditional functions, remaining within general scope of practice.
- Self-directed; highly motivated.
- Evidence of a) effective communication skills; b) self motivation; c) problem solving skills; d) accountability; e) flexibility; f) customer service skills
High School graduate or equivalent required. Prior customer service experience is required. Previous hospital registration or medical office experience is preferred. Other experience and education will be considered.
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, Delaware