Working as a team member under the general guidance of the Manager of Respiratory Care Services performs a variety of respiratory care procedures, both therapeutic and diagnostic, with a patient focused approach. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of his/her field(s) performing at a level of competence that allows independent thought and action. Is responsible for monitoring statistical data and budget outcomes, assuring sound fiscal management of the cost center they are serving. Is responsible for ongoing performance improvement, personally, divisionally, and corporately. Applies critical thinking to providing care to patients, assuring appropriate care based on patient needs using age specific assessment, knowledge of policies and procedures, and clinical expertise.
• Consistently performs quality therapeutic modalities to ensure achievement of expected outcomes. Understands the function and operation of all equipment necessary to provide all therapeutic modalities, to include troubleshooting, minor repairs, and quality control.
•Competently assesses patients receiving respiratory care, including observation, examination, palpation, auscultation, vital signs and data review. Documents appropriately and reports this assessment to pertinent team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the provision of mechanical ventilation. Uses critical thinking skills to troubleshoot both mechanical and biological respiratory concerns. Documents appropriately all necessary data, information, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competence in Arterial Blood Gas acquisition and analysis. Is competent in acquisition for the radial, brachial, femoral, and arterial line sites. Consistently demonstrates proper documentation and results reporting mechanisms.
• Thoroughly understands the indications, contraindications, hazards, and expected outcomes for all services provided
• Consistently provides appropriate general leadership and responsibility for area. Assures patients are cared for promptly and safely regardless of whose task it is. Acts as a patient/physician advocate.
• Makes timely appropriate decisions and acts through empowerment to handle situations to resolution and/or refer to appropriate person when necessary.
Work Experience Requirements:
- None Required above Education/Qualification requirements.
- Delaware Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Successful completion of NBRC written and clinical simulation exams.
- Flexible, willing to work in non-primary area as need arises.
- Willing to perform non-traditional functions, remaining within general scope of practice
- Evidence of: a) Effective Communications; b) Self-Motivation; c) Problem Solving Skills; d) Accountability; e) Flexibility
- Graduate of a Commission on Accreditation on Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved program for respiratory care.
- Successful completion of Registry Exam through the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Current BCLS course completion card mandatory upon hire.
- If not currently held, ACLS, PALS, and NRP are to be obtained within 6 months of hire
801 Middleford Rd,Seaford, DE