The Registered Nurse is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of patient care utilizing ANA Standards and the Nursing Process. Acts as a patient advocate. Provides support, information and direct care. Utilizes equipment and technology skillfully and is technically competent in nursing procedures. Educates patients and families on significant self care issues. The inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required. The inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required. This program is to utilize Standby Staff in a contracted 8-week schedule to meet unfilled needs due to staffing vacancies.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland or Delaware.
- This position requires at least 1 year of recent experience in the specialty. Policy:
- The employee must have one (1) year recent experience in specialty.
- Be currently licensed in the State of Maryland or a compact state as a Registered Nurse.
- Have competency to work in designated area(s). a. ICU, CTICU, PCU, Telemetry must possess ACLS Certification
- Have a current certification as CPR Provider.
- Current incumbent Standby RN or external Standby RN candidate (Current budgeted employees may not transfer to Contract Standby)
- Standby employees are required to work 144 hours per year.
- • Education, orientation and in-service hours do not count toward the 144 hours.
- • Six (6) weekend shifts per twelve (12) months (the weekend is 7p on Friday to 7a on Monday). The shift is a minimum of 4 hours. Departments that are not open 24/7 may exempt employees from the weekend requirement.
- • One holiday per calendar year. The holiday will be a 12 hour shift.
- • There will be no prescheduled ECI. Once the monthly 12 hour requirement is met, the employee would be eligible for ECI.
- • Each division will be unit based for additional specialty requirements.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
3 Layfield - Cardiovascular Stepdown
Standby(Work as needed)
12 hr shifts; rotating weekends