The Registered Nurse is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of patient care utilizing ANA Standards and the Nursing Process. Acts as a patient advocate. Provides support, information and direct care. Utilizes equipment and technology skillfully and is technically competent in nursing procedures. Educates patients and families on significant self care issues.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland or an approved reciprocal state.
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Certificate Course preferred.
- Full-time and part-time staff are required to complete the ONS Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Certificate Course within 1 year of hire/transfer and maintain certificate renewal per ONS.
- Stand-by staff are required to complete the ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy: Fundamentals of Administration Course within 1 year of hire/transfer and maintain certificate renewal per ONS.
- National Oncology Certification (OCN) preferred; Full-time and part-time staff are required to obtain within 3 years of hire/transfer and maintain certification renewal per ONS.
- Demonstrates organizational ability by using time and equipment effectively.
- Works under pressure of time and accuracy, often in stressful situations.
- Works with patients and families in crisis situations and emotional/mental alterations.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in written and oral communications.
- Frequently works with grieved, despondent, angry and mentally disturbed patients.
- Takes necessary immediate action when handling personnel problems.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Standby(Work as needed)
Monday - Friday