The Social Worker for the Peninsula Regional Clinically Integrated Network (PRCIN) functions as a key member of the primary care-based Care Transformation Organization (CTO). As a team member, the Social Worker will provide comprehensive, patient-centered, social services to Medicare members across the continuum of care. The Social Worker will address both the individual's psychosocial status, as well as the state of the individual's healthcare support system, and facilitating interventions at the patient, family, and systems levels. Additionally, to support the integration of behavioral health into the primary care setting, the CTO Social Worker is responsible for establishing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and overseeing the coordination of care for high risk, complex patients with significant utilization of medical and/or psychiatric services and facilities. The qualified candidate will have experience in a medical setting, as well as expertise in evidence-based practices relevant to working with patients and their families with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders. In addition, the Social Worker will facilitate the implementation of a Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Program within the respective practices.
- Master's Degree in Social Work required.
- Active Maryland license
- Experience working with the chronic, complex population in a physician management service organization is desirable.
- Experience with SBIRT or certification is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, and clinical disease processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of human development and behavior, and ability to make psychosocial assessments.
- Familiarity with Patient Centered Medical Home and Medicare population is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and third party payer requirements.
- Proficient computer skills - Epic EHR experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality, and patient rights and laws pertaining to behavioral health.
- LMSW required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting and/or experience with crisis intervention and/or substance abuse and supporting patients with psychosocial barriers to health is preferred.
- Training in cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, family therapy, and supportive therapy is preferred.
- Experience working in primary care as a behavioral health specialist is preferred.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD
Monday - Friday