The Patient Access Trainer (PAT) provides expertise in the development and execution of Registration training for all applications used in Registration at Peninsula Regional Medical Center. PAT is responsible for the assessment of end-user training needs for all central and decentralized Registration areas at PRMC. PAT will work with the Revenue Cycle leadership team and Epic credentialed trainers to develop and maintain training curriculums, materials, and training classrooms for initial and on-going Registration training. PAT's develop competency assessments for all Registration training and are responsible for conducting/overseeing training, post-class assessments, record keeping and communication of end-user completion of Registration training. Pat's will respond to training issues or needs when identified by end-users and leadership. Patient Access training may be classroom based and/or unit/department based, and includes one-on-one training, remedial training, and on-call training support to assist end-users. PATs may also be involved in train-the-trainer efforts by assisting other users to become Trainers who are then able to train Registration using the registration training developed curriculum and tools. PAT's will perform quality assurance testing and workqueue monitoring to assist in developing training needs as well as shadowing all patient access positions. This position is responsible for the standard application of policies and procedures for all centralized and decentralized registration areas.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience as a trainer or in curriculum development is highly desired.
- Experience working as an end-user is preferred in Patient Access or Patient Billing.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in healthcare or similar fields required.
- 5 years of Registration, Scheduling, Precertification or Third Part Billing preferred.
- Microcomputer skills using Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/ and Power Point to organize and present training programs required.
100 E Carroll St.,Salisbury, MD