TidalHealth is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join the Wound Care team at Nanticoke Hospital in Seaford, Delaware.
Under the supervision of a physician, the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing high quality wound care and dermatology services for patients residing in Long Term Acute Care Facilities and Skilled Nursing Facilities; developing and maintaining a designated territory that fulfills patient volume expectations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and manages patients for wound care and dermatology services ensuring it meets current standards of practice.
- Adheres to patient care protocols for wound care and dermatology services.
- Performs nursing care that is accurate, efficient and consistent with the patient’s needs.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program, for the LTAC/SNF facilities to optimize quality service and maintain a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Serves as a patient advocate, initiating action to provide continuity of care outside the facility setting.
- Coordinates the patient plan of care with the physician and the facility’s clinical disciplines to address patient needs, evaluate the effectiveness of care, and assess changes to the patient medical condition to ensure healing outcome goals.
- Ensures that education is provided to the facility staff regarding the management of the patient’s wound(s).
- Maintains communication and a working relationship with the facility Administrator, DON, team of health care providers, and, patient family members in regards to wound care and dermatology services
- Maintains and retains appropriate patient records, claims and correspondence as it relates to quality assurance procedures, billing & collections, and, management reporting systems.
- Ensures documentation meets requirements for maximum reimbursement.
- Has a working understanding of the diagnostic codes and regulations that govern wound care and dermatology services.
- Ensures signatures on superbills and verifies appropriate diagnostic codes are marked.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Performs designated administrative duties and maintains appropriate records and claims.
- Manage resources, supplies, equipment, physical facility, and staff, thereby improving financial and clinical performance to ensure achievement of the facility’s goals.
Here at the Delmarva Peninsula, you get the best of many worlds. Maryland's Eastern Shore offers easy access to the beach and the Chesapeake Bay. Our physicians enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods and a low, coastal cost of living. We have many options for private and public schools; and plenty of recreational opportunities, including water sports, outdoor life, golf and bike paths. Salisbury is home to the Delmarva Shorebirds, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles.
One of the big draws to our area is the music: we enjoy music festivals throughout the summer, featuring widely acclaimed bands at a variety of venues. In fact, our region is home to the National Folk Festival. Freeman Stage features seasonal open-air performances, showcasing music - from jazz to country to rock - plus dance, theater, and children's programs. Some of the live acts here have included Smokey Robinson, O.A.R., Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, First State Ballet, and many more.
And if you love seafood, you're in luck here on the Delmarva Peninsula: we have crab fests galore throughout the summer, and plenty of fresh, local seafood. Restaurant Week in Ocean City features classic and innovative dining venues with special offerings for connoisseurs of fine food.
There's much to love about life in this area. Come and explore for yourself!
Nanticoke Hospital was founded in 1945 as a living memorial to those who served our county in a time of war. Nanticoke, a 99-bed community hospital with its own distinction of being named one of the nation’s top 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health joined the TidalHealth family in January of 2020.
Here at TidalHealth, you get the best of many worlds. Delmarva's Eastern Shore offers easy access to the beach and the Chesapeake Bay. Our physicians enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods and a low cost of living and options for private and public schools. The area is rich in outdoor recreational opportunities, including boating, hunting, fishing, golfing, and biking.
Physician Recruitment Services